Mexican Christmas feast for the eyes

I don't think I can top off Sarah Louise's last post on her (almost) guilt free Christmas treats, but I thought I would squeeze in a bright post before Christmas. I've always thought it a bit strange how we Australians celebrate Christmas the traditional/ mainstream way. Perfect for cold climates but clashes with our usually stinking hot Decembers we all endure across the country. I hope the Santas walking around in those fuzzy suits keep well hydrated!

As us Aussies don't have a Christmas style to call our own , I thought  I would swap the traditional theme for a Mexican themed Christmas instead. it seems to fit so well with the bright colours, Mexican religious kitch goodness and not to mention the Mexican food flavours and beverages that will work well with our abundant seafood and tropical fruit this season. Image via Marie Claire


 Some decorating inspiration I have been collecting on the lead up to Christmas day. It's all about light and refreshing food and beverages on the day. Love the Mexican flags, they can be hung up for any party. Mexican fiesta Christmas styling via my poppet 




Flicking through Marie Claire Australia magazine I spotted a Mexican theme Christmas article, I snapped these two pages with my phone for more inspiration. 

Food always looks amazing in a Dinosaur Designs bowl! I have a few Dinosaur designs pieces (and some knock offs), they always make a table look so festive. Perfect look for a Tropical Mexican look. 

We can't forget the drinks and sweets! Above: lemon grass pannacotta with honey comb and cherries. Dec Marie Claire Australian. Below: Sangria mexicana from the Hispanic kitchen 


Plenty of colour and full of flavour....the way I like it!

I want to say a special thanks to Sarah Louise for holding the fort here while I was to busy to blog. I hope Sarah Lou sticks around to bring us more amazing tropical inspirations in 2013!

Cheers to an awesome holiday everyone! 



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, colorful post! Enjoy! Feliz Navidad!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, roll on the bright, happy colours to celebrate our gorgeous summer Christmas. We are so lucky to enjoy Christmas in summer, so I can never understand why people try to ignore its fabulousness and mope for cold weather with snow themed decorations. Love your bright colour scheme!

    Wishing you a most fabulous Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think....so leave your
juicy comment here!